Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use VisualC++ to program the DAQmx for PCI 6221

Hello,

I am looking to use Visualc++ (not visualstudio) without measurement studio to drive my pci 6221 card to output a range of voltages. Is there an instruction manual for using c++ to program the card? Also where can I find a list of the functions offered by the API in c++? The examples in the DAQmx folder was not too helpful as I could not fully understand the reasoning behind some of the code. Ideally, could someone point me in the direction where I can find a general outline of the code required to do this?

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,599 Views)

Hello sb90,

You can navigate to your NI folder in your Start menu and find the NI-DAQ section where there is a Text-Based Code Support folder. In there you should be able to see the "NI-DAQmx C Reference Help" manual. For example, if you are using Windows XP, you can go to:

Start> All Programs> National Instruments> NI-DAQ> Text-Based Code Support> NI-DAQmx C Reference Help. 

This has enough information for all DAQmx functions.

There are also a lot of articles and examples here, on our website. A quick search with a few good keywords will give you a lot of great results to read up on.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Michael S.
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,574 Views)