From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get cDaq NI-9132 RT Linux (64 bit) with labview 2016 ?

Hi

I have an cDaq NI-9132 (Linux RT 64 bit) it has two modules NI-9862 and NI-9219. I'm planning to use this with Labview 2016 and the 2016 RT module (on windows 10).

I can see the cDaq in both Labview and NI Max. The problem in NI MAX is that I can't alter software in the cDaq it says wrong communication protocol. From Labview I can't connect.

The image on the cDaq is "NI Linux Real-Time x64 4.14.87-rt49-cg-7.0.0f0-x64-189".

One other problem is that if I use the USB connection from cDaq to PC the cDaq also pops up under "Devices and .. ". 

I suspect I'm missing some driver or that the image on the cDaq should be 32 bit. 

Or is this even possible ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(595 Views)

NI Linux RT is always 64-bit. NI never released a 32-bit build for that.

To be able to use a cDAQ chassis you need to have the DAQmx driver software installed. The earliest DAQmx software supporting this device is 11.0 (14.0 of you want to use it with LabVIEW real-time). However in order to use it with a specific LabVIEW version you need to have at least the DAQmx version installed that matches your LabVIEW version. For LabVIEW 2016 this would be DAQmx 16.0, but it can't be to new either, DAQmx 19.6 is the latest version that still has support for LabVIEW 2016. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(570 Views)

This is not accurate. There is a 32-bit Linux RT for ARM-based processors. cDAQ-9132 is Intel-based and thus is running 64-bit.

Archived: Real-Time Controllers and Real-Time Operating System Compatibility

I second Rolf that the driver compatibility might be the issue here. Please share the LabVIEW, LVRT and DAQmx versions with us on both the host PC and cDAQ RT target. It would be helpful if you share the screenshot of the error instead of just explaining the situation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(555 Views)

@ZYOng wrote:

This is not accurate. There is a 32-bit Linux RT for ARM-based processors. cDAQ-9132 is Intel-based and thus is running 64-bit.

Archived: Real-Time Controllers and Real-Time Operating System Compatibility

You're of course correct. But it does not apply to the cDAQ chassis which are all Intel CPU based. 😁

Only the cRIO-906x, myRIO, roboRIO, sbRIO-96x7 and sbRIO-9651 boards use the ARM based Zync chip.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 4 of 4
(546 Views)