Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you output a waveform to the USB-6008?

I have created a Pulse Width Modulation waveform and am trying to output it using an Analog voltage output.  I can not find out an easy way to do this.  Any advice would help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,776 Views)

Hi confused...

I suggest taking a look at the analog output examples that should have installed with your DAQmx drivers.  If you are using Labview, you can browse these examples using the Example Finder (open Labview, click Help -> Find Examples...).  Under the Browse window, select Hardware Input and Output -> DAQmx.  Examples written with other programming languages can be found in the National Instruments directory, which by default is installed to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples (assuming you are using Windows).

Hope this helps!

-Justin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,754 Views)
Hello-

You may also need to consider that your USB-6008 does not feature hardware-timed analog output, so the timing accuracy of your PWM signal may not meet your specifications (i.e. it will be completely system-dependent and timed by Windows).  If you need very reliable time resolution in your operation, I would suggest using a card which features counter outputs for PWM and/or hardware-timed analog output such as the PCI-6221.

Hopefully this helps-
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,749 Views)