Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I read the voltage set on the analog outputs without setting it

I can set the analog output and read the analog inputs, Is there anyway to read what voltage is set to an Analog output with out setting it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,831 Views)

Can you re-phrase the question?  That's like me asking if I can read my reply to this post without replying to it.  Smiley Surprised

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,818 Views)

I'm just trying to see if there is a way to query what voltage was set to an analog output.  I want set it in one vi, but read what was set in a different vi.  I just want to know if there is a way I can query what voltage the channel was set to previously (without creating a global variable when I originally set the output), Does this make sense?

Thanks for you help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,811 Views)

What device are you using?  Most multifunction boards have an internal channel for AO vs ground.  On an M Series board, for example, you can read Dev1/_ao0_vs_aognd in an AI task.  When you create your channel constant/control in LabVIEW, right click on it and select "I/O Name Filtering...".  Make sure that "Internal Channels" is selected.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,803 Views)

I thought there might be a DAQmx property that could provide this but I don't see any way to do it.  In any case, it seems as you're going to have to at least pass a DAQmx reference to your subVI to do this (even with Mark's solution) so why not just pass the last value you wrote to the channel instead?

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,798 Views)