From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I null the offset value of my load cell using NI-6225?

Hi,

I'm trying to offset the value Im receiving from the signal of my load cell (at zero load) using an NI-6225. Is that possible?

It would really be helpful if this process could be controlled by the user (like a button for example) as there is a lag in the signal stabilization.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,859 Views)

Hello,

Please correct me if I am misunderstanding you, but all you want to do is offset the values of the signal you are reading in with the NI-6225 from your load cell? You should be able to simply add the value you want to offset the signal to the signal by using an addition function and a control. 

offset.jpg

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,836 Views)

You are correct, however because I am using 12 different load cells is there a way to do that by just a click of a button everytime I would like to null offset the signal.

Like it could temporarily save the value at that particular instance and then automatically subtract it from the signal to read zero. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,831 Views)

Hello,

That depends on the number of samples you are reading in. Certainly, you can use one of those samples (the current instance you are reading in) to set as the offset value, but which of those samples? You would either need to find the mean, the min, the max, or just choose the first or last value of that set of samples you are currently acquiring. Store that value with a Shift Register in your while loop, and then apply it to the next set of samples you acquire of the signal. 

Shift Registers: http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/shiftregisters.htm

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,816 Views)