Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I vary the pulse width of digital pulses

I am using a 30kHz signal coming into PFI3 on a M-series PCI 6229 DAQ card as a clock source for a digital output. This digital ouput is being used as a gate for an analog output. I am dividing down the frequency of the digital output so that I am getting a lower frequency (e.g. 1kHz) digital output. However, the digital pulse width is always equal to the period of the incoming 30kHz. How can I vary the pulse width so that I can have the signal in the high state for longer ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,039 Views)

Hi Colm,

from the original post on this here :

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&message.id=19929

The pulses generated on the digital line are orcestrated by the pattern you generate.

My code generates a pattern that is clocked out, so if the pattern is 0000000001, then every 10th clock input, you get a single clock period output.
If you want this longer, then generate a pattern of 0000000111, so every 7th pulse, you get a 3 period pulse out.
It's only the edge of the digital line that's being used on the counter pulse train output, so if it's pusleing correctly, then you need to make it more pulses, or change the pulse specs to get different clocking times on the counter to acheive a different setup for the analog output.

Is that what you're trying to acheive?

Thanks

Sacha Emery
National Instruments (UK)

// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,031 Views)