Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with PCI-7342 and UMI-7764

Hello,

First I would like to discuss my situation and what I'm using it for. I am an undergraduate student taking over an ex-graduate student's lab station and will use this board for two simple purposes:

1. Collect voltage readings from hall effect sesors

2. Make a digital output to run a multiplexer allowing me to run 16+ sensors as the board only has 4 analog inputs.

I will be using labview 7.0 to do this. I am fairly new to this and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in regards to setting this up. As mentioned in the title I am using a PCI-7342 board with the UMI-7764 terminal block. I am unsure of how to use this with labview and what terminals to use for the digital output (on the UMI-7764) for the multiplexer. If there are any suggestions or readings specific to my question that you could offer that would be excellent.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Chris Van Loon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,815 Views)

Hi Chris,

I would start by looking at the manuals and getting started guides for those products.  You can find all of that documentation on NI.com by searching for the product number (7764 or 7342). However, I must note that you are using two motion control products  to do a task that sounds like basic data acquisition.  That is vastly overkill.  If those are the items you have, I can certainly understand that, but I just wanted to let you know the intended purpose for these devices.

Stephen Meserve
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,792 Views)