From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting FFT Frequency

Hi All,

I am using NI cDAQ-9171 to acquire accelerometer signal. I am trying to see if the FFT functions, DDT Power Spectrum and PSD.vi; FFT Spectrum (Mag-Phase).vi; and Spectral Measurements) can detect the frequency accurately by oscillating the accelerometer approximately 1Hz by hand. However, none of the FFT graphs show this result. Is there something wrong in my block diagram?  See attached pictures and VI (Version 17). (Yet, the Spectral Measurements function does work when I connect it to the sine wave simulator vi.)

Any advise will be appreciated.

Drake

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,977 Views)

Hello,

Can you explain why are you converting your waveform into a 1D array? You should be able to plug in the waveform you are reading into the spectral VIs. The coercion dots may be causing the issue.

Marina B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,952 Views)

Thank you Marina for the reply. I tried to get rid of the coercion dots, see attached. But, it's still not working. Any suggestion?

Thank you,

Drake

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,935 Views)