From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx linear ramping AO voltage

Hi, 

I am trying to create a linear AO voltage using the DAQmx functions to control xy galvo mirrors. How can I create a linear ramping voltage where I have control over slope and amplitude of the votage ramp? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,783 Views)

I would use the Ramp Pattern function.  Then just write the values to the Analog Output.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,779 Views)

Thanks for the reply! 

I have tried using this function and it does work, however, is there a way to control the amount of samples that it uses? I would like a smoother ramping function than it seems i can get with this. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,772 Views)

It is a polymorphic VI.  You can choose to have it create the ramp based on the number of samples in the ramp or by a delta.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,769 Views)