Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Task with several channels

Hello

I am using the PXIe-6365 card which I would like to use to count edges. Therefore I setup in MAX a task ("CountEdges") for two channels. Each channel should count the edges on two independent inputs while the inputs are not read at the same time. 

Now I get following error message in MAX when using the same counter (using PFI4 and PFI8):

NI1.jpg

on the other hand when using two counters (ctr0, ctr1) I still get an error message:

NI2.jpg

Is this not possible the have two channels in the same tasks? Of course I can use several tasks but then I am wondering why I have the option to use several channels here.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(781 Views)

@Norick17 wrote:

Is this not possible the have two channels in the same tasks? Of course I can use several tasks but then I am wondering why I have the option to use several channels here.

As your error message states, you cannot have multiple counters in a task.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(743 Views)

this means only for "multiple counters"? It also does not work if I am using the same counter for instance "ctr0".

Second question: does it matter which PFI is used for the counters? I can not find anything stated in the manual.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(740 Views)