From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ-653X handshaking mode in C

Hello all,

I'm new on this forum, I'm a student working on a PCI-DIO-32HS. I have to work in C with Visual Studio, and to use the handshaking mode.
I'm looking for documentation and examples because I'm a little in troubles just with the user manual and the NI-DAQ C Reference Guide.
All is well with reading and writing samples on ports but I need to wait a request from a device to change what I'm writing. I tried to use the DAQmxCfgBurstHandshakingTimingExportClock function (I got an example in this post forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board. id=231&message.id=3611) but I always get an error :
DAQmx Error: Requested value is not a supported value for this property.
Property: DAQmx_Buf_Output_BufSize
Requested Value: 1
Intermediate Buffer Size Increment: 2
Task Name: NameOfMyTask
Status Code: -200077
If anyone know what's wrong or have a detailed documentation on the handshaking mode, please help me !
Thanks

Vergnolle G.

P.S. : sorry for my English, I'm French!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,692 Views)

I found the problem, it was not in the DAQmxCfgBurstHandshakingTimingExportClock function which I changed to DAQmxCfgHandshakingTiming, but it was the numSampsPerChan in my DAQmxWriteDigitalU8 function I had to pass to 2 or more.

I think this is not the right place for my post, so I wrote a new post in the Digital I/O part http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=70&message.id=3998.

Vergnolle G.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,653 Views)