Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent Tasks - CompactDaQ 9178 with C Modules 9214 and 9211

Hello,

I am trying to use a NI 9178 CompactDaQ together with c-series modules 9214 (cDAQ1_Mod4_AI in attachement) and 9211 (cDAQ1_Mod5_AI in attachement) to sense a total of 18 temperatures.

In attachement you will find a sample code where I try to create two concurrent tasks to read the temperatures. The reason I split the tasks into two is because eventually each task will be integrated in a different .vi that will run simultaneously.

When I run the code I get error code -50103: The specified resource is reserved. The operation could not be completed as specified.

I am having trouble understanding this as:

1) I am only using 2 AI tasks which is less than the limit (3)

2) I am not reusing physical channels in different tasks

Is the problem a timing issue? or does the NI 9214 simply not support multiple tasks?

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Sherif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(696 Views)

While your chassis can probably support 3 AI tasks, most individual modules can only support 1.  So be sure to put all the channels from a given module into the same task.   In this case, that'd mean 16 channels in a Mod4 task and 2 in a Mod5 task.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(668 Views)

Thanks Kevin,

Makes sense ! That's what I unfortunately feared.

I'll have to create some kind of workaround for my application as I need the task in two .VIs. 

Thanks again for your help,

Best,

Sherif

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(631 Views)