From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent Tasks - CompactDaQ 9178 with C Modules 9214 and 9211

Hello,

I am trying to use a NI 9178 CompactDaQ together with c-series modules 9214 (cDAQ1_Mod4_AI in attachement) and 9211 (cDAQ1_Mod5_AI in attachement) to sense a total of 18 temperatures.

In attachement you will find a sample code where I try to create two concurrent tasks to read the temperatures. The reason I split the tasks into two is because eventually each task will be integrated in a different .vi that will run simultaneously.

When I run the code I get error code -50103: The specified resource is reserved. The operation could not be completed as specified.

I am having trouble understanding this as:

1) I am only using 2 AI tasks which is less than the limit (3)

2) I am not reusing physical channels in different tasks

Is the problem a timing issue? or does the NI 9214 simply not support multiple tasks?

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Sherif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(690 Views)

While your chassis can probably support 3 AI tasks, most individual modules can only support 1.  So be sure to put all the channels from a given module into the same task.   In this case, that'd mean 16 channels in a Mod4 task and 2 in a Mod5 task.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(662 Views)

Thanks Kevin,

Makes sense ! That's what I unfortunately feared.

I'll have to create some kind of workaround for my application as I need the task in two .VIs. 

Thanks again for your help,

Best,

Sherif

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(625 Views)