Last thursday i was able to work with my mydaq, but since this weekend i can't work with it anymore.
My computer does not seem to find my mydaq, it says that no device is connected.
Other computer are still able to find my mydaq, does anybody have any idea what changed since thursday that can have caused this change?
When I had that issue, I just had to change USB ports that I was using. Not sure why that worked, but it did.
The other things to try are rebooting the computer and/or reinstall the DAQmx drivers.
When you say your computer can't find it are you saying you can't see the device in MAX or you can't see the myDAQ in Windows Device Manager?
You said you tried the myDAQ on another computer and it worked, correct? What about trying other USB devices on the computer that you are having problems with, have you tried that?
You might try and reset your MAX Database, I'm not sure this is it, but it's easy enough to test out. This knowledgebase document describes the process. I'm assuming you have a newer version of MAX so the process should be just going to the Tools Menu and selecting Reset Configuration Data.
- myDAQ use to work in this computer.
- myDAQ stopped working in this computer. (Anything happen to the computer from the time it was working to the time it stopped working? Virus? Blue Screen? Crash? Install software?)
- myDAQ still works in other computers
- you tried different USB ports on computer in question, still doesn't work.
- other USB devices work on the computer though.
- you reinstalled DAQmx, still doesn't work.
- Reset MAX Database configuration, still doesn't work.
- tried different USB ports, doesn't work.
- myDAQ doesn't show up in Device Manager
Let me know if any of the above are incorrect. I'm at a loss for what it could be.
The only other things I would try are:
- I assume you are a student, could you try to borrow another myDAQ and see if it works on your computer?
- I'm really at a loss to what other things to try. If another myDAQ doesn't work on the system then it might be a problem with the OS or something funny.
I just saw that you have also a parallel communication thread running through the mail support channels.
Would you like me to contact you via there or to continue via the forum?
All the suggestions that were made by Aaron W. seem to be logical.
Please let us know about the feedback you have concerning his last 2 questions and the question/confirmation about "what might have changed between thursday and the weekend".
Any small thing might help us along the way.