From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change device number on M-series (6251) device.

I am replacing an E-series card with the new M-series. The problem I have is on the old E-series I was able to change the device number through the measurement & automation explorers "Traditional NI-Daq Devices". I cannot do this with the M-series because traditional NI-Daq does not support this device and I do not know how to do this in NI-DAQmx. I am using the same code on many machines so I do not want to change the code.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,672 Views)
The steps to changing the device number with NI-DAQmx are similar to those of Traditional (Legacy) NI-DAQ.  Find the device under NI-DAQmx Devices in MAX, and right-click the device.  Choose "Rename".  However, you might have a bigger problem than being able to change the device number.  As you pointed out, M Series devices are supported by NI-DAQmx only.  So, if your existing code was written with Traditional (Legacy) NI-DAQ, then it will not work with your M Series devices.  You probably want to look into that.
-Alan A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,664 Views)

Here are a few links that might be helpful in making the transition to DAQmx.  Also, you can convert your global channels from Traditional DAQ to virtual channels in DAQmx using a conversion utility that is provided in Measurement and Automation Explorer.

Using DAQ Assistant to generate code

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/736BA7168F48742286256D2600713527?opendocument

Transition from Traditional DAQ to DAQmx

Hope this is helpful!!
-Jeff P
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,652 Views)