cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can MyDAQ be used for digitally triggering the acquisition of analog signal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I tried to acquire an analog signal in edge triggering mode using myDAQ....but was getting the error....The same thing i tried on USB-6009....using PFI0 as the trigger source and it worked well. The program is attached here with this message. Have a look and share ur views. I want to know if myDAQ can be used to acquire nalog input signal in digital triggering mode

Thanks & Regards!

Manish Vohra

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,136 Views)
Solution
Accepted by vohratechmanish

If the DAQmx driver tells you that something is not possible then this will always be correct.

The myDAQ manual does support this as nothing is mentioned about trigger modes for AI.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 2 of 5
(1,099 Views)

Hi i have come across this article....which says hardware triggering is not possible in myDAQ....this is what i interpreted from it....but i would like if u an also have a view on this & let me know ur understanding of this article....

myDAQ Errors -200077 and -200452 Using Timing and Trigger VIs - National Instruments (ni.com)

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LyJSAU&l=en-IN 

Thanks & Regards!

Manish Vohra

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,081 Views)

I have nothing to add. As the KB states, the myDAQ simply cannot handle a digital trigger for the start of an analog task.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,072 Views)

DIGITAL INPUTS (Triggering Edge) CAN NOT BE READ AS ANALOG INPUT TASK.

if you want to see in terms physical quantity like speed measurement,

For Example, Find the Number Digital pulses (either Low to High or High to Low) per second with the help of optical Encoder external circuit.

Then Convert them as an RPM. you will get Speed in terms of RPM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,012 Views)