From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to generate specific digital signal

I'm using the NI PCIe-6361 to sample analog data @ 2MHz as well as write to two DAC channels every N number of ADC samples. This process runs continuously until cancelled by a user. This is all working fantastically :). However, I now also need to write to a digital channel at a fixed interval (something like 3ms low then 11ms high) for as long as my process is running. What's the best way to do this? I know I could write a buffer of data to the a digital channel, but it seems to me that there must be a better way to get what I want using timers. Am I thinking wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,193 Views)

Greetings Herbrandson

Have you considered using a Counter task for this? LabVIEW comes with some examples that might prove useful to you. The Counter (Buffered) - Continuous Output sounds like the right example to thet started. Otherwise, you could select a simple Counter - Continuous Output and play with the duty cycle.

Please tell us if you have any other question. 

Regards.

Luis J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,178 Views)