Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow regeneration on one AO and Do not allow regeneration on another AO

Is it possible to allow regeneration on one AO and do not allow or allow but not use regeneration on another AO in a single task using the PCIe-6353 card? I wish to be able to generate the signals that I showed on the enclosed chart. Green, blue and purple signals are periodic. Due to the long time needed to create a long raster, I made an advantage by calculating only one period and using the Allowed regeneration mode to repeat it. I used a counter to have control over the number of generated periods. This approach is pretty straightforward, but I would like to generate a yellow signal on the second AO. The length of the single period of this signal will be the multiplication of size and the number of periods generated on the first AO channel. Is it possible without sacrificing the allowed regeneration mode on the first channel?       

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(627 Views)

No, not possible.  Both AO channels will need to be part of the same task and the task's regeneration status will apply to the task as a whole.

What's the max # samples needed for a period of the yellow AO signal?  Could you just define a much bigger buffer that holds 1 period of the yellow signal and lots of cycles of the green one?   DAQmx will handle a big buffer just fine.  With normal PC's these days, I'd count on being able to find enough available RAM for at least a 2 channel * 10 million sample buffer.

If you exceed this and approach 100 million samples in a period, you may run into difficulties trying to allocate so much contiguous memory.  In that case, you should plan to run in non-regeneration mode, writing new chunks of data to the task incrementally as it runs.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(614 Views)