Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6035E Can't get thermocouple to work

This is with a 6035E and a SCB-68 break out box. I am using the VI "AI Sample Channel" to try and get the voltage from a K type thermal couple, but I can not figure out how to attach the thermocouple and make the measurement. Everything that I have tried has failed. Currently I have the iron (red) to AIGND (pin 67) and constantine (yellow) to ACH1 (pin 33). None of the channels that I choose for the AI Sample Channel" results in a voltage that is reasonable. I know that I have the card info correct because I am currently using it to generate a voltage in the same program.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,493 Views)
OK, reading some of the postings that my posting brought me to I got it to work - thanks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,488 Views)
Hello jojojo,

Your first post mentions that you are using the AI Sample Channel VI, which is a program written using Traditional (Legacy) NI-DAQ.  Since your card (PCI-6035E) supports both Traditional NI-DAQ and NI-DAQmx, if you are using LabVIEW 7.0 or later, I would highly recommend programming with the NI-DAQmx driver.  The NI-DAQmx API is much easier to use than the Traditional NI-DAQ VIs, and also contains some changes to perform data acquisition tasks more efficiently.  You can download and install the latest version of NI-DAQmx from the Drivers and Updates link on our website.  This will install a variety of example programs specific to NI-DAQmx in the NI Example Finder.  For your application, I would recommend the example program Cont Acq Thermocouple Samples - Int Clk.vi, which can be found under Hardware Input and Output >> DAQmx >> Analog Measurements >> Temperature.  Good luck with your application!

Regards,
Travis G.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,468 Views)