From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10459 Error

I am trying to program on one computer that has VB6 Studio and two PCI-6031E installed for a different computer that has a single PCI-6229 installed.  I can compile the VB6 program onto the secondary computer with the 6229 but when I run it I get "Error 10459, Configuring channels.  The NI-DAQ DLL could not be called due to an interface error.  Install the NI_DAQ driver."

The 6229 computer had the software installed from Oct/05 and has been updated to the most current versions of all the DLL's and software and works fine with Measurement and Automation.

Any ideas?  I feel like I'm missing something simple here.

Message Edited by vkeris on 07-20-2006 11:21 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,681 Views)
Hi vkeris,

You are correct, it is possible that it is something very simple.

The 6229 is a (relatively) new M series card, which is only compatible with the latest drivers (NI-DAQmx). In the case of the older E series, they are compatible with both the new NI-DAQmx and the legacy Traditional NI-DAQ. From your error, it seems that you were programming in Traditional NI-DAQ, which would cause the error you are seeing. That second computer probably does not have Traditional DAQ installed, or cannot detect any Traditional NI-DAQ compatible hardware.

The way to verify is to see if your PCI-6031E was programmed using Traditional NI-DAQ (which seems to be the case, since your error code mentions NI-DAQ and not NI-DAQmx). If so, then it will not work with the 6229.

Please let us know what you find.

Best regards,

Nathan Yang
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,663 Views)