Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ 0xBFF69018] Insufficient transfer engine resources

Hi,

I encountered the "Insufficient transfer engine resources" problem. There are several peeople who suffered from this problem but all the solutions did not work for me.

First, I already used the Highest packet size and Speed value in my camera.

Second, two cameras are attached to one fire wire card so I removed one of them which I currently not use.

If I rebooted the computer, sometimes the problem solved.

Windows 7 64 bit system, the Labview version is Labview 2013 and Measurement&Automation expolore 5.6.0f0.

I attached the captured image of my error.

Please feel free to give any advice for solving this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,793 Views)

I have a few questions to help with troubleshooting your issue:

1. What's the maximum throughput your IEEE1394 card is able to handle?

2. Does this happen as soon as you attempt to acquire?

3. Does it happen with Grab and Snap? Or just one of these acquire options?

4. What version of IMAQdx do you have installed?

5. Have you been able to acquire from these cameras regularly without seeing this error in the past?

6. If so, were you using your current IEEE1394 card to acquire from them?

If you haven't already seen this KB, I recommend viewing it and using the attached Bandwidth (throughput) Calculator.

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,762 Views)

Thanks for helping me!!

1. What's the maximum throughput your IEEE1394 card is able to handle?

--> I'm not sure about this question. How can I check it? I can find "LSI1394 OHCI compliant host controller" from Device manager.. but I don't know the maximum throughput. Please let me know how to figure it out.

2. Does this happen as soon as you attempt to acquire?

--> Sometimes as soon as I attempt to acquire.. but usually, after finishing one measurement and starting another measurement, it occurs.

3. Does it happen with Grab and Snap? Or just one of these acquire options?

--> I did not try snap.. only Grab is used.. so.. I'm not sure about it. I can check it when it occurs again!

4. What version of IMAQdx do you have installed?

--> NI IMAQdx 4.3.5

5. Have you been able to acquire from these cameras regularly without seeing this error in the past?

--> Sure. But.. recently, I moved this system to new PC with Windows 7 64bit. At the beginning, I could not meet this kind of error. Recently, I got it.

6. If so, were you using your current IEEE1394 card to acquire from them?

--> Yes. I'm using same IEEE1394 card!

If you need anything more, let me know!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,756 Views)

1. I'm not sure what that entry from Device Manager means. Did it have any more information about your IEEE 1394 card, such as manufacturer or model number?

2. Are the 1394 ports and card built in to the motherboard? Or, do you have a PCI/e card?

If you have a PCI/e card, then you should be able to see the make and model prind somewhere on the card.

If not, then you could look up information about your motherboard. There should be documenation that tells you what IEEE 1394 card is on board,

I'm curious to know if you're ever able to see this error when attempting a Snap in MAX. Trying to snap several times and checking for the error would be a good step to take.

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,741 Views)

Sorry for late reply!

1. I'm not sure what that entry from Device Manager means. Did it have any more information about your IEEE 1394 card, such as manufacturer or model number?

--> The answer is that LSI corporation FW322/323.

2. Are the 1394 ports and card built in to the motherboard? Or, do you have a PCI/e card?

--> No. We attached firewire card to the motherboard additionally.

Also, SNAP is not working when I encounter this error.

Hopefully, the problem will be able to be solved with those answers.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,706 Views)

I found this on the LSI's website.It seems that your 1394 card is an older model, so it isn't listed. But, it possible that it's only 1394a, which would limit its throughput to 400 Mb/s. If this is true, then the error you're current seeing in MAX would make sense.

However, when you tried decreasing the speed value, you received the same error, correct? If not, please try decreasing your speed value to 400. You'll also have to reduce your packet value to: 4096 bytes.

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,683 Views)

Thanks, Mike.

I changed the Speed and Packet size to 400 Mbp, 4096 bytes. I will be using my system with these values before encountering the same problem. However, we used this with 800 Mbp for a long time, which makes me hard to understand the situation right now. Do you think that I have to replace it with a newer and faster model?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,679 Views)

During my measurement at this setting, I still encountered the same problem. In order to solve it, do I purchase a new firewire card which can offer 800 Mbp of speed? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,673 Views)

Your firewire card is a possible source of this error. However, I'd contact LSI and try to find some information on your current card before replacing it. It'd be helpful to hear LSI's opinion on your overall issue as well.

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,659 Views)

Thank you very much!!!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,657 Views)