Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cin and call library function node

Hi.

I need to call our c++ code in our labVIEW program while data acquisition are taking place by the LabVIEW program. I am wondering which one of CIN and call library function node is a way to go for our application. I do not understand the difference between them. Comment or suggestion anybody?

Airo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,877 Views)
Hello Airo

This manual should clairfy most of the details for you. But the call library node will essentially let you call shared libraries ( dll's ), which CIN will not allow you to share code between VI's. With CIN, any code you use will become part of the VI itself, while with Call Library Nodes (CLN's), you will be calling an external component (makes upgrading and bug fixes easier that way). So with CLNs, you can write one library and have multiple VIs call code from a single dll. With CINs, only that VI has access to the external code.

So essentially these are two ways of calling external code. I would recommend going thru
the manual first, but just to point out, LabVIEW can only call C functions, not C++ classes. This is the case with CLNs and CINs.

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,877 Views)