Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Modules and Installer

Hello all!

I written a very simple test  application, where only a numeric knob will be shown on a chart. Now I want to run this application on an other PC, where MS is not installed. I know I have to create an installer, so OCXs and DLLs will be copied and registered.

On the picture you see which MSM files I added to the installer project. The problem is , that after installation the EXE can't be started. I get an error message, that the application is wrong configured. I think I have to add more MSM files, but I don't know which files to add.

Message Edited by Eugen Graf on 01-09-2009 06:27 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,608 Views)

Anybody here? It's an easy question. Please help.

Eugen

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,595 Views)

Hi Eugen,

We list out all the necessary merge modules you need for distributing a C++ Measurement Studio application in the Measurement Studio Visual C++ Merge Modules help topic in the NI Measurement Studio Help. I would take a look at this topic and see if it helps.

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,586 Views)

Thankyou for reply Jonathan,

of course I already read thist help file and the list of MSM files to add (see my picture). i added all of listed MSM files already, but I am not able to start the EXE after installation.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,584 Views)

Hi Eugen,

I would suggest using Dependency Walker to determine what dependencies are missing.  Open your EXE in this program and see what you are missing. Usually the missing dependencies are in red text.  If there is nothing obvious, then you can profile your application in Dependency Walker (Profile menu) and it should attempt to run your app and mention what the problem is.

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,581 Views)