Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio 2022..?

Hi,

Is Measurement Studio for Visual Studio 2022 integration coming? I can build the original VS2019 projects by VS2022 but it would be nice to see Measurement Studio menus in VS2022 too.

BR,

Ilkka

Message 1 of 8
(4,250 Views)

Yes, please add Visual Studio 2022 integration for Measurement Studio.

Message 2 of 8
(4,183 Views)

It would be great to have an updated revision of measurement studio 2022 to explore the full possibilities in VS2022. 

Message 3 of 8
(3,560 Views)

Does NI have any plans to address the .NET framework version used by Measurement Studio as well?  .NET4.5 is now passed end of life.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,271 Views)

Any updates from NI on this topic? Our company has spent over a week of engineering time trying to solve problems like this.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,062 Views)

I don't think NI is going to update it for VS2022. After paying way too many years of support maintenance without any updates and now being forced to a subscription model I decided to stop paying and just use the perpetual licenses that I have as-is. NI-Daq mx is free for interfacing .Net with NI hardware. I believe you can still use the 2019 Measurement Studio with VS2022 without the IDE integration. I also have VS2017 installed on my computer and still use that for many NI hardware based projects. I think there is VS2019 Measurement Studio integration, but I skipped that version of VS. I think NI would rather customers use Labview since that seems to be the product that they update a little bit each year. Even if NI updated Measurement Studio I would not pay for a subscription just to use it with VS2022. You have to keep paying just to keep using the software. It is just not worth it!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,041 Views)

Yes, exactly as you wrote. Measurement Studio assemblies can be used in Visual Studio 2022 and the full integration works with Visual Studio 2019. I have the both. (.NET Framework up to v. 4.8.1, no .NET Core)

We made the same as you. After too many years of support maintenance program we decided to stop paying more when NI sales proposed the subscription. It was an easy decision.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,984 Views)

I asked NI about MS 2022 and they told me this (on 9March2023):

----------------0o0---------------

We hope you are doing well.

I am a Technical Support Representative with NI. I want to thank you for using our support and I offer my assistance to help you with this case.

Here is the information that appears on the readme for Measurement Studio 2019, it should be working with Visual Studio 2019 and further.

bboyce_0-1678468994640.png

Please let me know if the information was helpful for you.

------------------0o0-----------------------------

Later in the conversation the same agent told me:

-------------------------------------l1l-------------------------------------------------

I hope you are doing great,

Thank you so much for your feedback, on NI we take all the feedback from our customers very seriously. You can continue using the development you had before what you cannot do with the new versions is made a new development from Measurement Studio but you can continue using what you had before.

The information on the Life Cycle of the software is explained on the website of NI, from there you could check when is the end of the mainstream support of all the software from NI. Here is the link where you could check the website:

LINK   https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/software-product-life-cycle-policies.html 

NI MAX is one of the most important software in NI and will be supported until otherwise stated and will be published on the website.

Have a great day!

-----------------------l1l---------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,562 Views)