From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Module with multi rate analog acquisition

Hi, 

I am new to NI instruments and I have a problem in data acquisition.

I have cDAC-9185 with two NI-9215 modules. Each module should read data at provided frequencies(dynamically provided, sometimes may be with same frequency and may differ. eg: both modules with 96K or one module with 96K and other with 48K) and I created 2 tasks to handle this and writing to 2 files . But, data is not synchronized between the tasks. I see 100ms of delay in the acquisition. I see multiple documentations but all are in labview.  I am looking for c# coding samples to handle this. Can anyone help me to solve this. Much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(906 Views)

Hello,

There are several things to implement when you want to synchronize data acquisition:
1- Use the same internal StartTrigger signal for both tasks.

2- Use a shared clock for both tasks.

3- Configure the slave (the device receiving a clock signal or trigger) as to run before the master device begins. To do so, use a flat sequence for the master’s DAQmx Start Task, and by merging the error out of the slave’s start with the error out of the task prior the master’s start.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(877 Views)