From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sychronization btw Camera and DAQ

Dear sir,

This is my first post and I introduce myself as a newbie with LabView, but I hope I can get some answers.  Here it goes.

I have setup a simple optical system  to acquire an intensity correlated image called ghost imaging by using a CCD camera (BFLY-U3-05S2M-CS) and a single photon counting module(Excelitas SPCM-AQ4C).

CCD was directly coupled with PC through USB 3.0 cable. In contrast, SPCM was transmitted its signal through BNC-2121 and PCI-6602.

To simultaneously acquire the intensity correlated data between an image from CCD and intensity of voltage signal from SPCM, they should be synchronized through trigger mode.

I was attempt to make CCD directly triggered with SPCM, but unfortunately it did not work well.

So I used an external trigger signal from function generator and tied it with both CCD and SPCM.

Object of this code: 

CCD and SPCM should acquire data in certain time range (e.g. 0~ 500us, 500~1000us, ....)  and save each data in loop.

gt.JPG

I attached my VI. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a lot!

Jun.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(987 Views)

Hey Jun,

I noticed that this was sitting here for a while.

Were you able to solve the issue somehow or not yet?

Have you checked the manual of NI Machine Vision?

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371007b.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(701 Views)