Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlay Group Names

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Hopefully a simple question.

I am identifying circles in images using 'Find Circular Edge'. This tool provides me with an overlay of green ROI, red detected edges and blue 'spokes' of the number of segments used. (See image below)

I can merge the overlay with the image to save to file using 'IMAQ Merge Overlay', which is great.

However, I'd like to include only the overlay of the detected edges, not the ROI or 'spokes'.

The 'Group' input on 'IMAQ Merge Overlay' should let me choose which of the overlays... but I don't know the name of the overlay.

Is there a way to read the overlay group name(s) so that I know what they are in order to choose which to use?

Or is it easier for me to generate a new circle overlay of my own in the right place using the radius and position that the Find Circular Edge step gives me?

Thanks

Ian

edge find example.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,115 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _Ian_

When I use FindCircularEdge3, there is an input at the top left called options- there you can select to turn off the search area/lines and edge points leaving only the resultant circle displayed.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 2 of 4
(1,106 Views)

Great - thank you.

I'd been using the vision assistant express VI, but converting to code gets me what I need.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,099 Views)

Yes, it would be nice if the vision tools presented all the I/O terminals native to the underlaying vi's but that would probably confuse people.

Glad to be of assistance.

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,095 Views)