Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "SetExternalCanvasCallback" entry point in nivissvc.dll

Hello dear community,

we stumbled across an error that we cannot resolve after trying everything. A customer ordered a NI-1437 PCIe CameraLink grabber card to grab some images from a line scan camera. The software for image processing will be custom, so we only need the library for image acquisition.

We understand that the support for .NET was deprecated, but we would really like to get this working with the released opensource .NET examples hosted on: https://github.com/ni/imaqdx-dotnet

We followed all instructions, the camera is recognized but the example application Grab crashes in the following code section:

// Enumerate available cameras
ImaqdxCameraInformation[] cameraList = ImaqdxSystem.GetCameraInformation(true);
foreach (ImaqdxCameraInformation camInfo in cameraList)
{
    cameraComboBox.Items.Add(camInfo.Name);
}
cameraComboBox.SelectedIndex = cameraList.Length > 0 ? 0 : -1;

// Set up image viewer
VisionImage image = new VisionImage(); // Here it crashes
imageViewer.Attach(image);

The issue: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: 'Unable to find an entry point named 'SetExternalCanvasCallback' in DLL 'nivissvc.dll'.'

We tried different Vision Development modules versions but results were the same.

Has anyone ever come across this issue? How can it be resolved without the use of official C++ code examples that are working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,106 Views)

I have the same issue.

Could you find an answer to your question?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,880 Views)

Are you building as 64-bit/AnyCPU? I’m not sure this .NET interface was ever updated to properly support 64-bit processes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,837 Views)

That is not the problem I tried both ways.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,792 Views)