Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find the Circle

Hi Sir, 

Why not able to find the circle, but also did not report any error ?

Thanks.

Brzhou_1-1689564807657.png

Brzhou_0-1689564786382.png

Learning from other people
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,177 Views)

Are you sure this is a LabVIEW problem?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,155 Views)

Hi Sir, 

I am not sure, just because i am learning vision, try to understand how to find the circle.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,130 Views)

There is a special forum dedicated to vision. I can move this thread if you want.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,124 Views)

Hi Sir, 

Please help to move it, because i have not find it, and want to discuss some topics of vision with veteran.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,120 Views)

The reason it can't find a circle is because you didn't tell it where to look.  You need to define an ROI (Region Of Interest) and set up the rest of the parameters for the analysis you desire.

Vision Builder is pretty easy to use.  You have to read the manual though.  There are good tutorials on-line too.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(1,059 Views)

But you know, i use vision assitant, the same flow, just the different pic, it is fine to detect the circle.

That why i feel strange, for the two pics, more or less the same, just the different size.

Thanks.

Brzhou_2-1689649318178.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,043 Views)

After i generated the vi code, it is still fine to get the circles, but the coordinate is not there, not sure why ?

Thanks.

Brzhou_1-1689651540920.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,029 Views)

I haven't used Vision Assistant or Builder for a long time and don't have a license anymore, but I do remember having to prepare an image for metrology by doing things like removing the color, changing the contrast, defining ROI, etc.  The whole point is to modify the image so that the detection and measurement algorithms are not confused by reflections, shadows, etc.  I also remember that lighting was very important to get consistent results.  It was pretty easy though after I studied the tools.  Have you read through the manuals and taken some tutorials?  It's important if you want good results.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,008 Views)

Have not learn it systematically.

Just sometimes, thinking about the real scenario in the work, then how to fullfill it by vision.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,000 Views)