Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling an Advanced Illumination DCS Lighting Controller

I need to communicate with a DCS 100E lighting controller and I'd like to do that with LabVIEW. AI only list C# SDKs on their website, so before I start trying to figure this out from scratch I figured I should ask the geniuses here. Have any of you already written a vi to do this, and if so, would you be willing to share it?

TIA.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(543 Views)

According to the manual: "Commands can be sent in an ASCII format by specifying the IP Address and correct port number for either TCP/IP or UDP."

It's been years since I ran and AI controller under LabVIEW, and I no longer have access to that code.

It's based on the SCPI standard, makes me feel old.. I hope there is someone out there that can provide you come code!

I recall that when I last wrote for the controller, I spent a lot of time trying to get the connection to work, after that it was pretty easy.  But I generally rely on trial and error than being smart.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(515 Views)

Thanks for the thought. In parallel I reached out to AI. They sent me a VI that does everything I need using TCP/UDP protocols. I think I can probably share it with anyone else who needs it, but I guess I should check with them first.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(510 Views)

AI is under new management, it's good to know that they are still customer focused!

Glad you got the fix.

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(494 Views)