Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get Amscope USB 2.0 camera to display with IMAQdx

Hello,

I currently have LabVIEW 2015 32-Bit installed on a Windows 10 64-bit operating system and I have Vision Development Module SP1 as well as many other add ons.

I am trying to use IMAQdx to view a feed from an Amscope MA500 ccd camera which is USB 2.0 and DirectShow compatible but I cannot get it to work in LabVIEW.

The NI - imaqdx devices folder is missing in NI-MAX and the camera which is in devices and interfaces gives error: 0x8000FFFF when clicked on.

I tried renaming niu3v.dll as seen in another forum but that did not help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Graham

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,959 Views)
did you install related driver ?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,939 Views)

yes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,920 Views)
-Check in License Manager whether NI Acquisition Software is installed if yes what version.
-Uninstall Vision acquistion and install again
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,914 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion uday.

I have NI Acquisition Software version 15.5.

I tried the reinstal but it did not help.

I have spoken with the producers of the camera and while they claim it is DirectShow compatible, the company lacks the DirectShow drivers for this model of camera. I am having it exchanged for a newer model and hopefully I can get the new camera working in labview.

Cheers,

Graham

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,891 Views)

itk,

Just a Note:

It will be better if you check camera with the webcam applications which is DirectShow compatible.
Since you have to check whether the drivers are correct or not you can rely on the webcam applications and check with it. This will help to understand the driver issue of camera.
If your camera works properly with such webcam applications and not with NI then there might be problem with the NI drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,880 Views)