Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is a polling queue

I am new to Lookout and I am working on a Project that is using GE, Omron and Koyo Plcs. These Plcs are remote and we are using Dial up to communicate. I can see where the phone number is entered, but I am confused on how Lookout will dial the plcs on the same
com port. the help files talk about a Polling Queue, but I can't find any information on how this works.
any help would be Appriciated
Regards
sgriffin@citi-llc.com

Polling Queue
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,744 Views)
Steve,

This issue was addressed by some of our Lookout gurus in a previous discussion forum.

Regards,
Michael Shasteen
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/ask
1-866-ASK-MY-NI
Message 2 of 5
(3,744 Views)
Hi Mike
Thanks for the help. I followed the thread that you
sent and I think I understand now. But let me be sure.
If I have 4 drivers configured on com2 using dialup with a poll rate of 20 Minutes, and it takes 1 minute
to collect the data from one of the stations, does this mean that after 20 minutes all 4 drivers will go in the queue, connecting to the remote sites a 1 minute intervals, and after that there would be about 15 minutes before and of them dialed out again?

Regards
Steve Griffin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,744 Views)
Sounds correct to me. If another driver is not using the com port, the driver object will poll for however long it needs. If the port is being used, the request will go to the queue until the port is freed.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,744 Views)
Thanks for the Help, Mike.

Regards
Steve Griffin
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,744 Views)