Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time incorrect in user manager

I am using Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4 with Lookout 6.0.2 build 1.  We have two servers and one client.  Under the User Manager it shows "Last Log On" as 3/12/07 15:31.  The time is really 9:31 am.  I have tried to shut off one server and one client and only have the main server running.  It still shows 6 hours off time with one server running.    I have logged in and logged out.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Carl
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,420 Views)
Do you have any Time Synchronization settting?
Option->Time Synchronization....
If yes, try to remove them and set them one bye one again.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,393 Views)

Ryan:

I took out all reference on the Time Syn on the Client and the other server.  All had 6 hours in advance.  Shut down client and 1 server.  Only main server running.  I rebooted and still was 6 hours off in user manager.  Correct time was 8:44 am and after reboot with one server running user manager showed 14:44.  We do get an error message when we reboot.  It is "At least one service or driver failed during system startup.  Use event viewer to examine the event log for details".  Also when I pull up user manager I have pressed help and does not respond.  Not for sure whether that has to do with anything.    Thanking you in advance for your help.

Carl

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,387 Views)

Did a MS Query in excel and looked in table "RawData" found "LocalTime" and "LoggingTime" in this table.  Below is what I found.  Where does LoggingTime get its data from. 

LocalTime LoggingTime
3/1/2007 13:28 3/1/2007 19:28

Thanks

Carl

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,378 Views)
Did it ever happen before? Was there any special event before the time offset happened?
I want to know what that error means first. Have a look at the service please. Is there any NI service not started, such as "NI Time Synchronization"?
Control panel->Administrative tools->services
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,372 Views)

On 2-1-07 I was trying to get the computer to sign off operators after 1 minute of inactivity.  I posted message on NI site.  During that time I took out all references to Time Synchronization and it started working correctly.  I did not think of it anymore until I went to that Server and noticed that the operator that had worked the night before was still signed on. 

I took out all references to Time Synchronization on the Client  and the other Server.  Still did not put correct time in user manager.  Turned off all machines and then rebooted primary server and user manager had incorrect time for my log on.  That is when I received the error message.

WinMgmt-“WMIADAP was unable to process the remote/access performance library due to a time violation in the open function”.

MSSQL$BKUPEXEC-“SuperSocket info:SpnRegister Error 1355”

MSSQL$8KUPEXEC-“SuperSocket info(SpnRegister):Error 1355”

MSSQL$MICROSOFTBC-“The description for EventID(1901) in source(MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM) cannot be found.  The local computer may not have the necessary registry information of message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.  The following information is part of the event (SpnRegister):Error 1355”.

NI Programs in Services window

Citadel, Doman Service, Lookout 6.0, PSP Server, Time Synchronization.

Other Programs in Windows Task Manager

Llssrv.exe, lkcitdl.exe, lkads.exe, lktsrv.exe, nicitdl5.exe-not sure all are NI programs.

I have a Lookout 6.0 evaluation copy on my home computer.  I looked this morning and there is a 6 hour difference in my computer at home.

Again thanks for any help you can give me.

Carl

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,356 Views)
I'm not sure what is going on. I suggest you to uninstall Lookout and reinstall it. Although this looks like a stupid way, currently I have no other idea...
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,341 Views)

We had 5.1 lookout installed and then we upgraded to 6.0.2.  The guy that installed lookout 6.0.2 had some kind of unistall program from NI to do this.  Do I need that program from you folks?

Carl

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,336 Views)
No. You can uninstall NI softwares in "Add/Remove Programs".

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,323 Views)