Thanks for the response. First question - the format of the URL - is it backslashes as you have written and as is shown in here, or forward slashes as is found in the Knowledgebase document here and consistent with normal URLs? I'm using Logos and not Lookout but from my understanding the URL is the same, just replace "lookout" with "logos".
I tried a suggestion from the fieldpoint board to try the logos writer/reader found here. This is the results, in case anyone of this board has any ideas too.
Thanks for the response. I tried the program and it works! That's the good news. The bad news is that when I modified it to add a data going the opposite way (from the reader to the writer) I couldn't get that part to work. The modified versions are attached. I made a few notes while I did this exercise that I'll share here in case they might be important.
1. When I build the .exe / .dll file from the LogosWriterRT.vi, I am told about the file "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\system\Glogos.dll" that "Target OS has its own version of this DLL."
2. I don't see any items created in Max in Data Neighborhood, during/after I run either the original files you told me about or my modified ones, before during and after I Refreshed and closed/reopend Max.
3. In Max, when I click under the Data Neighborhood which is under Remote Systems-cFP 2120-Data Neighborhood (i.e., not the same Data Neighborhood as I mention in #2) I get the message, "Could not load item names from the remote system. An unknown internal condition has occured. Possible cause: unrecoverable operating system error."
Message Edited by Hosehead on 08-31-2006 02:38 PM