Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling RTU's

Solved!
Go to solution

Can Lookout 6.7.1 display the time that an RTU was last polled in a system? Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,944 Views)

Yes, by using the update data member.  The update member goes low when Lookout sends a request and goes (and remains) high when it receives a reply.  Lots of ways to accomplish this, one example is:

text(now(Modbus1.update), "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm")

Message 2 of 7
(4,932 Views)

Thank you. I will look into this. If I have any issues, I may be back to ask more questions if that is okay.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,929 Views)

so do I just create an expression using the example you gave me? Also, is there an easy way to manually poll a site? Thank you so much for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,927 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Prana

Yes, an expression object would work.  That would be good if you display it more than one place.  I work mostly with Modbus objects but I think most if not all PLC objects behave the same.  There are two polling writable data members (yellow fields) - pollrate and poll.  pollrate is a time interval and poll is a discrete.  A pushbutton (or any true condition) could be used to poll the device. 

Message 5 of 7
(4,913 Views)

Thank you so much. you have been a real big help. You rock.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,911 Views)

I hate to ask dumb questions, but by using the Poll data members, is this confirming actual radio communications to an RTU? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,902 Views)