Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypertrend traces lost

We are running Lookout 6.2 on XP Professional attached locally to a PLC via ethernet. We notice a loss of trace in Hypertrend after some various time interval( hours to days) which after a few hours ends in a system restart. We are running Lookout as a service-local w/ service restart on error. See the attached Hypertrend screenprint and system error log.

Any assistance in resolving this condition would greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Dale

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,051 Views)

From the system event log, I see an unexpected lookout termination on Jan 25. Did you see lookout hang or crash?

I also see some nicitdl5.exe crash last year.

When did the data loss in screenshot happen?

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,043 Views)

Thanks for your response!

Yes, we have two recent events relative to this issue. The first started 01/25/2012 11:31:36.07 and ended  01/26/2012 13:05:15.5 w/restart. The most recent which you have chart copy on started 01/27/2012 02:59:04.7 and ended 01/27/2012 09:43:37.9 w/restart.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks Again!

Dale

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,034 Views)

Hi,

I was wondering if you found out what was your problem.  I seem to have the same issue than you. This problem appeared here for no reason since last week.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,627 Views)

This is a persistent unfixed and never will be fixed bug with Citadel/Lookout.

Random data loss, typically related to an unexpected Lookout application crash.

Citadel crashes also cause it, while the process keeps running.

Plan your exit strategy to a new platform...

We have experienced this for nearly two decades and with the EOL noticed on Lookout, your not getting it resolved.

Speaking of which, NI is doing a huge disservice to purchasers by not including the EOL notice on the purchase pages of the website for Lookout!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,593 Views)