From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does current Lookout work with Windows 10?

I used Lookout ages ago. It worked fine.

Does it work now with Windows 10?

Is there NI hardware it does not work with, or which hardware does it work with?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,809 Views)

Last version was put out around 2014/2015, prior to windows 10.

It is not supported.

Suggest looking for an alternative: ClearSCADA, DAQFactory, Wonderware Machine Edition (InduSoft, Point of View) and many others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,735 Views)

I installed Lookout 6.6 this past November 2019 on Windows 10. The install was set with Windows 7 compatibility/administrator user and it seems to work without any issues.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,537 Views)

Yes, I have installed 6.7.1 on many windows 10 and even windows 11 machines with little fault

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,334 Views)

Plenty of people have installed Lookout on Windows 10 without issue, me included. If you are considering using Lookout for a new project you should look for other solutions. NI discontinued Lookout at the end of 2021 and the only support is this forum. 

David C
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,316 Views)

What version of SQL Server did you use ?  And was it Lookout 6.7 ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(1,500 Views)

Lookout 6.7.1 has never been fully tested on Windows 10 (and never seen Windows 11), but it does run. I cannot tell you the version of SQL Server that was used. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(1,494 Views)

Could you tell me what version of SQL server you have running ?  I installed 6.7 and it installed SQL Server 5 which (supposedly) is not compatible with Windows 10. When I launch Lookout I get a "this program unable to start correctly 0xc0000142" - which is compatibility issue error. I changed it to run in W7 compatibility/administrator mode but still the same error so I'm wondering if the incompatibility is with the version of SQL Server.  Thanks in advance for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(1,463 Views)

Could you tell me what version of SQL server you have running ?  I installed 6.7 and it installed SQL Server 5 which (supposedly) is not compatible with Windows 10. When I launch Lookout I get a "this program unable to start correctly 0xc0000142" - which is compatibility issue error. I changed it to run in W7 compatibility mode but still the same error so I'm wondering if the incompatibility is with the version of SQL Server.  Thanks in advance for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,461 Views)

I am sorry, but it is several years since I installed Lookout on Windows 10. It could well be that the latest Windows 10 updates stop older versions of SQL Server from installing/running. There are known security vulnerabilities with old versions.

Less there be any misunderstanding, Lookout was discontinued several years ago. It is no longer sold and supported. Existing users have the ability to activate Lookout licenses online.

Existing users need to look at replacements for Lookout, because it will eventually stop working, as appear to be the case here.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,456 Views)