From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Lookout 5.0 work with cFP-1804?

One of my customers uses Lookout 5.0 on Win2000 machine with FP-1601 and FP-DI-300.  He now wants to add cFP-1804 and cFP-DI-300 in the same network.  What changes does he have to make in order to accomplish it?

He created the current Lookout application in 2003.  I assume that the NI-FieldPoint driver is old, and he probably need to upgrade it.  I am concerned that the newest version of NI-FieldPoint may not work with Lookout 5.0.  Are there any compatibility issues between Lookout 5.0 and the newest version of NI-FieldPoint 6.0.4?

The customer would like to remain with Lookout version 5.0 for now.  If there is a compatibility issue between them, which version of NI-FieldPoint should he use for using cFP-1804?

Thank you.

Atsuhiko

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,875 Views)

The fieldpoint driver is not a problem. Lookout actually doesn't use the driver directly.

I think you have two options.

1. Use OPCFieldpoint to connect FieldPoint opc server. The OPC Server should work with any fieldpoint device.

2. Use Modbus. I remember that 1804 supports modbus, but needs to update firmware? I'm not sure.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,862 Views)

Hi Ryan,

Thank you very much for the useful info.  It sounds like OPCFieldPoint is the way to go.  First, I need to find out how the customer's current Lookout application communicates with FP-1601.  Hopefully, it uses OPCFieldPoint, then he does not have to make any changes other than upgrading NI-FieldPoint to use cFP-1804.  Thank you!

Atsuhiko

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,854 Views)