From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic configuration of NI OPC server and Lookout 6.7.1

Solved!
Go to solution
Just trying to get an evaluation version of Lookout 6.7.1 working with an evaluation version of NI OPC Servers 2016. I'm expecting to use the OPCNIServer object in Lookout but either that and/or the OPC Server is not setup correctly. Both probably. I need to connect to an AB CompactLogix 5370 (which I do not have here). I know how to create a driver object in Lookout and then to do the data member configuration for an SLC503 but this OPC server has me lost. Can someone please walk me through the setup for a CompactLogix 5370?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,334 Views)
I cannot get the NI 2016 OPC server to work with Lookout 6.7.1, it doesn't seem to matter what Allen Bradley ethernet driver I choose in the OPC server but in Lookout I get 2 error messages, the first: OPC/OLE error (1): OPC server not registered properly (63): Invalid class string (800401F3) This is followed by The OPC server is unavailable (71) (800706BA) I guess the first one is the one to fix. Anyone have any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,316 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Billy_d
I did eventually figure it all out. It's a lot easier than it seems to begin with. No hardware yet so no way to tell if it works in real life.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,292 Views)