LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The file must exist

Hello,

I use LabWindows2010 and I don't know very well use. After extensive research on the forum and in using the software, I can not find the solution to my problem. When I generate the *.exe of my project, an error message appears:

exec_EXEC Fatal Error

The file must exist

I can not find where the problem

Thank you for your help

Best regards

DiaDia64

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,029 Views)

Does it happen with all the projects ? or just one ?

One more thing , Does it happen with Examples also ?

-----------------------------------------
Kobi Kalif
Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,005 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your help,

It happen with just this project. This does not occur with example.

I have additional information :

In the tab  "Instruments" => "TECHNITEST EXECUTE LIBRARY" => "Utilities for files" => "exec_Read_ini" =>

The file name placed in "Path" does not exist.

Could this cause my problem? And if so, how to fix it?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

DiaDia64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,986 Views)

1. if i'm not mistaken , you are trying to read from an ini file , in that case you need to make sure that the file you trying to read exits in the currect library.

2. i didn't understand if the error is in the compilation process or it's a bug in the software

if it's a bug you can debug it using a break point and see exacly which function is makeing the bug , look for it in the Debug menu.

-----------------------------------------
Kobi Kalif
Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,970 Views)

Hello,

Thanks lot for your help

1) Actually, I just read this. Ini file but it does not exist on my PC that I am puzzled. Apparently this file does not exist in the library.

I would have checked it before I use library to continue.

2) I am already in debug mode and I have a non-fatal error that is not related to the error of this post. Maybe I'm wrong. I put you in the event that the only mistake I found in debug in PJ.

I still look in my direction.
Thank you for your help

Best Regards

DiaDia64

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,957 Views)

Hello DiaDia64,

the error you are receiving means that you are using a string before it is initialized any way. That is, your 'lpszCmdLine' string can contain any garbage. Inizializing it before calling your function will solve the error. At the minimum, use strcpy (lpsxCmdLine, ""); before the call to exec_start ().

Regarding reading the INI file, every file I/O function returns an error in case the file does not exist: you may want to check the file exists before trying to access it using FileExists () function form the Programmer's Toolbox or GetFileSize () from the Utility library or simply trapping the error returned from the function and warning the user of the problem.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,948 Views)

Thanks for your help

Your help is precious to me

I'll watch what you tell me and I would then return.

I'll change my code to verify that the error disappear. Then for my main mistake, I will eesayer to do as you please tell me and find a solution. If I can not, I would also return.

Thank you again

Best Regards

DiaDia64

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,944 Views)