LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED constant name doesn't match between popup window and attribute panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Editing a gui panel (.uir file) in CVI, I double click on an LED and edit its constant name.  The name in the attribute summary panel on the right of the IDE shows the wrong name.  What causes this?  I had copied and pasted other LEDs before editing their names.  It seems like the copy/paste operation has confused CVI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,731 Views)

Hi gstemp,

I may be missing some information to get the full idea of what is happening.  I tried to reproduce what you are seeing but am not getting the same results. 

Here is what I did, please let me know how your process differs:

Opened LabWindows/ CVI 2010>>Created New UI Project>>Added new UI>>Placed an LED on Panel.  

Here I first verified that by double clicking the LED (round) and changing the Constant Name also changed the Constant Name under Source Code Connection on the attributes pane.

I then copied this LED several times and changed the resulting Constant Names in the same double clicking fashion and observed the corresponding attribute change with it. 

So I believe I am seeing expected behavior but it is very possible you are doing something differently than me. 

Regards, 

Kyle S

Regional Account Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,716 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gstemp

I was using CVI 10.0.0.  I called support, and the support engineer was able to reproduce the bug on 10.0.0, but not on 10.0.1.  So I upgraded, and the bug is gone.  I think the problem occurred in 10.0.0 when I exceeded 256 LEDs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,712 Views)

Hi gstemp,

That is great to hear you received the support you needed and were able to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Kyle S

Regional Account Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,708 Views)