From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Scroll Control

Hello again. I'm trying to to create a custom Finger Frienndly scroll bar for tables, tree controlls and single column list boxes. Attached is the one I managed to do so far, but I don't think its nice and tidy, I minimised alot of the stuff that I don't need to minimum size of 1, and I customised the Increment/decrement arrows of an independant control, then replaced the digital display of the normal scroll bar with the one I had custom made.( I got this idea from a posting in this forumbut I can't remember the link now, since LabView doesn't allow to resize the Increment/Decrement part of its digital display.)

If anyone can tidy up or create a new or recreate my controll for multiperpose use (i.e. I can directly resize the whole controll depending on the table/tree size without having to create a totally seperate controll for each one). The way I then use this as a scroll is by making use of the property node of table/tree etc, on the TopLeft Visible option (I think thats what its called 🙂 ). I've tried yesterday for some time, but I can't think of a better way of creating this custom scrolling thing better.

Aditional question. Is there a way of checking if teble/tree etc needs scrolling? This way I can even implement the Disable/Gray property of the custom scroll bar and only use it when its needed.

Thanks in advanced.

Kas 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,380 Views)
Question already reposted to the LabVIEW board

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

I know I did. I said that on the message. But the reason I did was because I couldn't move the current post to that board. When I posted the initial message I didn't pay attention to the board that I was posting on :), and the question is nothing related to the current LabWindows/CVI board, hence, I posted a link on the LabView board. 

Sorry for messing it up.

Kas

Message Edited by zerotolerance on 03-30-2010 05:45 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,340 Views)
Anyone ???
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,314 Views)

Most LabView users do not browse this CVI board, so perhaps your follow-up comments would be better sent to the thread on the LabView board (from where you reference this thread) - this would maximise the probability of a useful reply.

JR

Message 5 of 6
(3,294 Views)

Thanks, looks like the post from the other board started to pick up.

Chears 

Kas

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,281 Views)