LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wind direction in frontpanel

Hi Guys. 

I'm quite new with Labview (or I have used it couple of times). 

I want to make a front panel which indicates the wind direction and speed. Do u guys have any idea of how to solve this problem?

I found a VI on the net (attachted) but i can't get it working? 

thank you 🙂   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,805 Views)

Hi,

Everything depends on how you want it to be displayed, but you can customize your own control, or create an XControl.

Here is some good links that could help you :

Customizing the Gauge Control in LabVIEW

Community : UI Interest Group

Olivier L. | Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,786 Views)

Hi 🙂 

Thank u for ur reply. 

I think i did explain me wrong.

I want a wind direction indicator (gauge) in my interface, which shows the wind direction. I want to get data from this website: http://strandvejr.dk/

Is it possible ? I really hope some of you guys are able to help me 🙂 thank you very much 🙂 

maybe a interface looking like this https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15436

I really appreciate your time 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,773 Views)

Hi,

On the exampel you gave (2nd link), the Wind DIrection is only a gauge with Angle value from 0 to 360. Of course you can do it by yourself, it's just a matter of scale on the gauge.

Then, if you prefer to have a direction with cardinal points on it, you'll have to do it by yourself, or to find an existing one. Again, the link for customizing gauge can help you to easily create you own.

Regards,

Olivier L. | Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,766 Views)

Are you asking how to customize the indicator, or are you asking how to get the data from the web service, or are you asking how to program in LabVIEW? Please be more specific in what you are asking, because it's not clear what it is that you are asking about. If you are asking how to customize the indicator, then the links provided should be adequate to get you started. If you are asking how to get the data from the web service, the particular program you provided uses a .NET assembly. Do you have this assembly? If not, where did you get the VI? If you are asking how to program in LabVIEW, have you done any of the tutorials? To learn more about LabVIEW it is recommended that you go through the introduction material, tutorial(s), and other material in the NI Developer Zone's Learning Center which provides links to other materials and other tutorials. There are also several Technical Resources. You can also take the online courses for free.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,761 Views)