LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wavy water shape

Hello!

i have been assigned to a project of water tank filling and draining but with a twist

i need to show water as real water like in Wavy shape and not just a rectangular shape

how can this be done

kindly help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(3,818 Views)

Can you elaborate a little bit? Do you just need a wavy shape moving up and down in the tank? Or do you want to add droplets to the tank, watching the waves propagating outward and then reflecting off the sides of the tank interfering with other waves?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(3,785 Views)

Thanks for replying!

I currently need just a wavy shape moving up and down in the tank. But adding droplets will also be a nice addition. But if you would only help me with the wavy shape, that would also be very helpful as i am a bit new to LabView

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(3,780 Views)

You could do it quite easily using an XY graph. On your plot properties you just have to select Baseline Fill >> -infinity to get the filled in effect.

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 26
(3,775 Views)

Thanks a lot for you help

i did use this graph method

but i didn't knew how to shift the wave up and down

can you Kindly label things in this like the one before system XY, i don't know what that is

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(3,760 Views)

The shift is done by simply adding a number "slide" as the offset. Combining the array of X and Y data is done using a "bundle" node. Press ctrl+space for quickdrop and type in "bundle".

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(3,755 Views)

Thanks a lot i really appreciate your help.
and correct me if i am wrong.. i can use loops to make filling automatic, replacing slider with a numeric or something like that?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(3,749 Views)

Yes absolutely, just add an appropriate "Wait (ms)" in there (maybe 50 or 100ms) so it doesn't consume your CPU.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(3,746 Views)

OK! I'll let you know once i am done

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(3,743 Views)

One more thing please!.
that shape with SINE graph in it, is it a sin waveform generator?
if yes, than i have to give the input in OFFSET?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(3,741 Views)