From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform chart problems in producer consumer program

I am trying to record data from a DAQ  using five analog channels and a DAQ express VI, while implementing a producer/consumer architecture. The code is attached. The data collection, analysis, and logging loops (seem to) work well.

The data display loop is causing me confusion - the waveform chart will not display 'correctly;, only a small portion of chart history appears, and it seems to constantly be resetting. The front panel has a waveform chart in the analysis loop solely for troubleshooting purposes - the charts in the display loop should be able to display essentially the same data.

Not sure where I am going astray here, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,263 Views)

Can you upload the VI? 

It could have to do with how you are using a notifier to send the data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,232 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,222 Views)

bump

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,198 Views)

Why are you using a Notifier (instead of a Queue)?  Why do you use Get Notifier Status instead of Wait on Notification?  If you tested it (like send the numbers 0 to 999 at 1kHz and having a "Consumer" that is a Get Notifier Status and saves the results, you might get 7 million of them, while if you used Wait on Notification, you'd get 1000.  If you want the Consumer to be "clocked" to the Producer, you need a function that waits ...

Of course, if you used Queues (which all the examples show), you'd also get 1000.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,190 Views)