LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voltage and current measurement

Hi

I want to read voltage from voltage sensor ZMPT101B  as first step and then to read current from current sensor ACS712 .

for now the voltage measurements readings as shown in video just like noise .

attached the VI and the dropbox link has the video 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1as07olpqh6pzm6/ScreenCapture_11-10-2016%206.45.42%20PM.wmv?dl=0

please check the VI if needs for improvement and feel free to add and thing you see it is important to add on the VI 

I'm using arduino Mega and Labview 2014 

please help me since I west a lot time trying to troubleshoot this issue 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,268 Views)

Any help please !!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,207 Views)

I want to read voltage from voltage sensor ZMPT101B  as first step and then to read current from current sensor ACS712 .

The ZMPT101B device is only for measuring AC voltage.  If your input is a DC source (steady-state voltage), then seeing noise on the output is expected.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,195 Views)

It is AC voltage which I need to measure but the VI shows not clear sine wave

Any help please 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,169 Views)

What sample rate are you using?  What is the frequency of the signal you are trying to read?  My guess is you are running into a sampling issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,159 Views)

Hi

I just use the simpe analog input for arduino 

Please check the .vi which I used 

the .vi attached in first post

Waiting your advice 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,116 Views)

Well you should first get this working using the native Arduino programming language and IDE. Even something at simple as having the raw ADC values sent out to the serial monitor.

Also you do know that the voltage transformer is just a transformer, right? That means it is going to output an AC voltage. But an Arduino analog input CAN NOT accept an AC voltage input. The Arduino analog input can only accept voltages from 0 to VCC (+5 or +3.3 volts DC).

If you want to measure an AC voltage you will need an op amp circuit to add a DC offset to the AC voltage so it never goes below 0 volts DC.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,108 Views)

Sounds like you may have already blown that input as the reasoning why it may look like noise.  Can you connect a regular 1.5V (AAA, AA, C, or D) battery to the Arduino input and verify that you are getting about 30% of full-scale (5V) as proof that it is working?  If that input doesn't work, try some of the others.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,096 Views)

Hi

The problem with the .VI needs some improvment like filters or some modification because I used the same voltage sensor with arduino IED program it was work and gives 2.5 volt on secondary but at using same arduino with same sensor with labview I cannot get a nice sine wave so the .VI need some improvnents which I dont know about it

So if some of our colleagues know how to improve the .VI it will be nice 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,075 Views)

I have to see your interface circuit there has to be more to it than the transformer because of reasons I listed above.

Also you are NOT going to get a nice sice wave feeding even 2.5VAC into an Arduino analog pin. The best you can hope to see is a half wave rectified output (again because of the reasons I listed above) 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,055 Views)