cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use data from array

Solved!
Go to solution

Mike,

When you can, pls take a look at what i did with the code...it's not exactly working like i expected, but i think you can solve it.

Sorry for all these questions.

And thanks already for your huge help!

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(761 Views)

Hi THN,

what you now do makes little sense.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(757 Views)

Yes, my mistake Mike, but tell me, each of those indicators, show 1 value from each column. And isn't there a way to make 4 indicators for each 4 values of every column? Which means, 16 indicators that will give the value from each field?

This is my last question for you.

Thanks very much for your help.

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(747 Views)
Each of those indicators has the 4 values that you want to display. You've chosen not to show them. They are ARRAYS!. Expand the indicator to show more elements. Simplest would be to just use a 2D array indicator and expand it to show all elements at once and skip all of the indexing.
Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 07-23-2009 07:58 AM
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(742 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I know it can show all 4 values from each column. But i really needed the array, cause the user has to be able to edit each value, if he choose that way. Even if he wants to edit only 1 of the values. And after, i will need to use those values independently. I need all 4 values from each column to wire them to the ramp setup, like temp max and min, for the setpoints and the rate and the last value will be the delay. I'm still wondering how to do it, i did not really understand much from your explaination in that topic.

If you can help me, just edit my VI with 1 example, that i will follow that and make the rest.

Thanks

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(733 Views)

Whether you are using an array indicator or a scalar indicator, a user can edit each value. Whether you are using an array indicator or a scalar indicator, you can use them individually later. It's just a matter of indexing the array.

If you insist on scalar indicators from the array, then you just have to index the 1D arrays you've created.

If the size of the arrays will change, you might want to rethink your design and need for individual indicators. You cannot create indicators at runtime (at least not without scripting).

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(730 Views)

The problem is: the clusters collect the values that the user choosed, and those values will be shown later for user confirmation, which means i can't use indicators orelse the user won't be able to edit them. And because the clusters fill 1 line with the same values, but the user might wanna change 1 or more values from there independently. The measure does not have to be linear. That's why i used the array, in order to able the user to edit each value, and only after i will call the values to wire.

Am i thinking wrong?

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(726 Views)
Yes, I think you are thinking a bit wrong. If you want a user to be able to change the values, then you can have a 2D array control and write to a local variable of it. You could use a table control and write to it's local variable after conversion to strings.  
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(716 Views)

Dennis, thanks for the advice.

I'm re-thinking about undo all this, and avoid the arrays. I will do it will 4 clusters, and i will use the unbundle to get every value. What do you think?

I'm attaching my idea.

Thanks for the support.

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(694 Views)