LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb DAQ not detected

when i plug usb daq card. max is showing problem to connect it. & showing the below error.

You are currently using a USB DAQ device on Windows XP.  Please visit ni.com/info and enter "WindowsXPUSBHotfix".

when i visit to the link, it is showing the msg .  are sure to you are installing correct HOTFIX if not then it can harm your computer. I do not about HOTFIX. which is correct or incorrect for my computer

Please give me right direction to solve this problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,024 Views)

Check with your IT department if you feel the need, but the listed hotfix is directly off Microsoft's website.  I've done it on my system.  It's safe, and necessary to enable your equipment.

--Using LV8.2, 8.6, 2009, 2012--
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,011 Views)

Hello R.V.

This is a known issue with Microsoft's Enhanced Host Controller driver for Windows XP.  When there is a conflict of multiple USB devices, or when a USB device is in bulk transfer mode, data can become corrupt.  To resolve this issue, please download and install the hotfix found in Microsoft Knowledge Base 969238.

If you have already tried installing this hotfix and are unable to do so, then I suggest you to contact your IT department and get help from them. As after installing this fix, this particular error gets resolved.

Hope this helps you.

Ayush Garg

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,000 Views)