cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to get the labview software to simply use an inputted signal and display it over a set amount of time or to continually updat while not overwriting the previous data aquired. I have the signal from the DAQ card running to the graph fine but at the moment it only runs for a certain time to receive the samples and every time replaces the data held with the knew data aquired. I want to keep the previous data either on the graph or in some other way.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Christopher Boswell

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,601 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author goblinhat

Hi Christopher,

you have to store the old values. Use a shiftregister to do it. If you get a waveform, then you can use the "Append Waveform" function to create a waveform with all your data.

Mike

Message 2 of 6
(2,598 Views)
Your other option is to use a chart. A chart has a history buffer and does not require you to use a shift register. You would however, need to set the length of the history to be large enough to keep all of samples in memory.
Message 3 of 6
(2,580 Views)

Thanks for the replys guys. I am trying to use the Waveform chart method. The problem is I can only get it to display 5 seconds no matter how big i make the chart history length. Presumably it is saving the previous waveforms but not displaying them - how do i extend the chart to display the old waveforms?

Thanks in advance,

Christopher Boswell

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,568 Views)

Just thought I'd add that I'd like to display at least 60 seconds on the chart while being able to go back through older chart waveforms if possible.

Christopher Boswell

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,565 Views)
Nevermind actually I've found out how to adjust the time usingg the graph pallette, thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,559 Views)