LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temperature surface graph

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out how create a 2D temperature map like you can get in Excel by using a surface charts & contour :

Here is an example

ScreenShot001.jpg

Do you have any idea about how to do that ???

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,797 Views)

You are looking for the "Intensity Graph".

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,790 Views)

Thanks Norbert for your answer.

It seems that it's not completly the thing I need. In fact, if I understand correctly, Intensity graph is used to get one value => one colour.

On my example, you can see that one value correspond to a "corner" and between each corner the colour can change.

I hope i'm clear

Kriss00

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,779 Views)

hi kriss00,

if you had LabView 2011 or later you could use the Contour Line.vi

contour.png   contour_front.PNG

Regards,
Alex

Message 4 of 8
(4,764 Views)

I assume that the numbers do result in the graph. Given that, Excel uses a horrible interpolation algorithm which interpolates the outer values with virtual values outside the array, most likely 0 (essentially pressing down the values of the outer rim of the array!).

That being said, you will not see the exact image using the Intensity Graph even if you create a nice color map matching that of Excel:

Intensity Graph.PNG

In order to see a similar image in the Intensity Graph to the Excel graph, you have to programmatically interpolate the values just the way as Excel does. Most likely, the Excel interpolation also increases the number of values (maybe by factor of 100 or more) to generate a less "pixelated" image.

The only thing the Intensity Graph truely cannot provide are the contour lines. So if you look primarily for them, alex' suggestion is the better one.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,753 Views)

Thanks all for your propositions.

I have worked on the one of Norbert. You can find in attchement the VI about that.

I have still an issue about the fact that I need to rotate the graph. 1/4 to the right. I don't understand why because the array is correct to me...

0 0 2        =>   1 0 0

0 0 0               0 0 0 

1 0 0               0 0 2

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,738 Views)

@kriss00 wrote:

Thanks all for your propositions.

I have worked on the one of Norbert. You can find in attchement the VI about that.

I have still an issue about the fact that I need to rotate the graph. 1/4 to the right. I don't understand why because the array is correct to me...

0 0 2        =>   1 0 0

0 0 0               0 0 0 

1 0 0               0 0 2

I would delete the second "Transpose 2d Array".

Then invert the y-axis via right click on intensity graph>properties>scales>drop down menue> Fréquence (y-axis)

Before

1.PNG

After

0.PNG

Finally you can switch the x-axis from the bottom to the top via right click on x-axis > switch sides

Regards,
Alex

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,727 Views)

Thanks, now it's perfect.

Kriss00

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,675 Views)